Unfortunately, itunes upgrade on my xp machine did not go well. After upgrade, the ipodservice that connected to the devices did not start up. I got the error:
iPodService Module (32-bit) has encountered a problem and needs to close... |
I was going to follow Apple's advice and downgrade itunes when i came across this thread:
It was a lifesaver. The suggested workaround really worked for me:
Morgane wrote:
I have encountered the same problem related to iPodService.exe v10.0.0.68, also running WinXP SP3.
I experimented a bit and found a workaround, simply using the old iPodService.exe from v9.2.1.4. It seems to work fine so far.
You can do it as follows:
1. With iTunes v9.2.1.4 installed, make a copy of the folder "Program Files\iPod".
2. Install iTunes v10.0.0.68 (confirm/ignore errors related to iPodService.exe).
3. Delete (or rename) the folder "iPod" in "Program Files" and rename the folder "Copy of iPod" (or whatever you named it) created in step 1 back to "iPod"
iTunes now uses the old iPodService.exe.
It works with all my devices (several generations of nano, classic, and iPhone 3), but I don't know if the new devices released yesterday will also work.
I have encountered the same problem related to iPodService.exe v10.0.0.68, also running WinXP SP3.
I experimented a bit and found a workaround, simply using the old iPodService.exe from v9.2.1.4. It seems to work fine so far.
You can do it as follows:
1. With iTunes v9.2.1.4 installed, make a copy of the folder "Program Files\iPod".
2. Install iTunes v10.0.0.68 (confirm/ignore errors related to iPodService.exe).
3. Delete (or rename) the folder "iPod" in "Program Files" and rename the folder "Copy of iPod" (or whatever you named it) created in step 1 back to "iPod"
iTunes now uses the old iPodService.exe.
It works with all my devices (several generations of nano, classic, and iPhone 3), but I don't know if the new devices released yesterday will also work.
No comments:
Post a Comment