Self-driving cars get closer every day, but won't hit you – USATODAY.com
Almost every week, a Google self driving Prius car drives next to me in the freeway during my commute. It prominently displays that it is a Google Self Driving car with some geeky looking contraptions on the roof.
If often peek into that car as I drive and usually I am relieved that there is a driver and usually the driver is holding the steering wheel. So Im not yet confident about the "wont hit you" part.
I think that the self-driving option should be added to the cars like the "Cruise Control" option.
It should be adopted for a more autonomous operation only after multiple years of wide usage.
I think this technology will pan out to be a viable technology in the next 5-10 years. It could turn out to be very useful in countering the effects of distracted driving, driving under fatigue, reckless driving and of course drunken driving.
No comments:
Post a Comment